- 1 How do I enable HDMI audio?
- 2 How do I get my computer to play sound through HDMI?
- 3 How do I use HDMI on Windows 8?
- 4 Why is audio not working through HDMI?
- 5 How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
- 6 Can HDMI carry audio?
- 7 How do I get sound to play through my monitor?
- 8 Why can’t I hear sound from my monitor?
- 9 Does HDMI carry audio from PC to TV?
- 10 Does Windows 8 support wireless display?
- 11 How do I change the HDMI size on my TV Windows 8?
How do I enable HDMI audio?
- Right-click the volume icon in the system tray.
- Click “Playback Devices”
- Find your HDMI Output device, and either right-click it and select Enable, or open Properties and set “Device Usage” to “Use this device (Enable)”
How do I get my computer to play sound through HDMI?
Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on “Playback Devices ” to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the “Playback” tab, select “Digital Output Device” or “HDMI” as the default device, click “Set Default” and click “OK” to save the changes.
How do I use HDMI on Windows 8?
Windows 8: Viewing the PC screen on a TV or external monitor using Wi-Di and HDMI
- Wireless LAN driver and the “Wireless Display” program. Click the “All Software” menu item.
- Connecting a PC and a TV together. Double click the “Intel WiDi” icon on the desktop.
- Connecting an external monitor via HDMI.
Why is audio not working through HDMI?
If you’re using a set-top or cable box: Make sure the volume is turned up. You also may need to go into the set-top box menu and select HDMI in the Audio Settings or Audio Coding section to pass the audio to the TV. You may need an update to your set-top box firmware, or a newer set-top box from your service provider.
How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
To access the Sound Out setting:
- Open the Settings menu either by using the button on your remote, or if your remote doesn’t have a Settings button, press the Home/Smart button, then click the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Audio/Sound menu.
- Choose Sound Out, then select TV Speakers.
Can HDMI carry audio?
Audio Quality: HDMI is renowned for its video quality, but it also can carry audio without the need for multiple cables. HDMI supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound for loss-less, theatre-quality audio. HDMI 1.4 also supports audio return channel, which sends sound from your TV tuner to your receiver.
How do I get sound to play through my monitor?
Right-click the audio icon in the system tray area of the Windows taskbar and select “Playback devices.” If you connected your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort, click the name of your monitor in the list of devices. If you connected via 3.5 mm audio and DVI or VGA, click “Speakers.”
Why can’t I hear sound from my monitor?
Check and make sure the monitor is not muted or volume down. If connected by VGA cable, please make sure the audio cable is connected to the AUDIO/LINE/HEADPHONE OUT port and plugged into the AUDIO/LINE IN of the monitor. 4. Try another PC/laptop or speaker for cross check.
Does HDMI carry audio from PC to TV?
We all know that HDMI cables can carry audio as well as HD video in our home theaters. Did you know that you can get the graphics card in your gaming or home theater PC to output sound over HMDI, too? First thing you have to do is make sure your HDMI cable is functioning and that you have picture on your TV.
Does Windows 8 support wireless display?
Wireless display is available in new Windows 8.1 PCs – laptops, tablets, and all-in-ones — allowing you to display your full Windows 8.1 experience (up to 1080p) to large wireless display-enabled screens at home and work.
How do I change the HDMI size on my TV Windows 8?
Put the cursor in the bottom right corner of the Windows screen and move it upward. Select “Settings,” then click “Change PC Settings.” Click “PC and Devices” and then click “Display.” Drag the resolution slider that appears on the screen to the resolution recommended for your TV.