- 1 Can you play songs with a bass guitar?
- 2 What is the easiest song to play on bass?
- 3 Can you make a song with only bass?
- 4 What is the hardest song to play on bass?
- 5 How do you match bass chords?
- 6 Is Bass fun to play alone?
- 7 Are bass players failed guitarists?
- 8 What songs have easy bass lines?
- 9 What song has the best bass guitar?
- 10 How do you make your own bass line?
- 11 How do you write an electric bass song?
Can you play songs with a bass guitar?
However, if you already have a bass guitar, then you can start learning how to play it right away. There is a total of 7 notes that you will have to practice. Most of the notes are in the A string. You can play the song on a standard bass guitar tune.
What is the easiest song to play on bass?
9 Easy Bass Songs For Beginners
- 1.1 1. Seven Nation Army.
- 1.2 2. Another one bites the dust by Queen.
- 1.3 Smell like teen spirit.
- 1.4 Come together by Beatles.
- 1.5 Wipeout – Surfaris.
- 1.6 Bombtrack – Rage Against The Machine.
- 1.7 Pretty fly for a white.
- 1.8 Sunshine of Your Love – Eric Clapton (Cream)
Can you make a song with only bass?
Bass is usually a ‘monophonic’ instrument – it only plays one note at a time. This is perfect for creating bass lines, but it can actually make it trickier to write songs. Even just playing some chords on guitar and singing a melody can form the foundation of a great song.
What is the hardest song to play on bass?
Top 10 Most Challenging Songs To Play On Bass
- Hysteria – Muse.
- (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth – Metallica.
- Jerry Was A Racecar Driver – Primus.
- YYZ – Rush.
- Teen Town – Weather Report.
- Nobody Weird Like Me – Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Victor Wooten – More Love.
- Frantic Disembowelment – Cannibal Corpse.
How do you match bass chords?
So if a song’s chord progression is G-C-D, a simple bass line would be to hit the root and 5th of each of those chords. For G the root and 5th would be G and D, then C and G, then D and A.
Is Bass fun to play alone?
There’s nothing wrong with bass without band. Honestly I often find it more convenient (and my live performances have lately been about 50:50 solo vs. accompanied). You can do so much more alone, especially since it’s far easier to break out of the instrument’s traditional role when playing alone.
Are bass players failed guitarists?
While there are some bass players who transitioned from guitar to bass, that doesn’t mean they failed as guitar players. Some guitarists who are used to playing leads may even find it difficult to play bass.
What songs have easy bass lines?
10 Easy Songs to Learn on Bass
- Nirvana: “Come as You Are”
- The O’Jays: “I Love Music”
- The Black Crowes: “She Talks to Angels”
- John Lee Hooker: “Boom Boom”
- Green Day: “Longview”
- Meghan Trainor: “Like I’m Gonna Lose You”
- ZZ Top: “La Grange”
- Robert Cray: “Phone Booth”
What song has the best bass guitar?
More videos on YouTube
- Schism – Tool. ‘Schism’ was the first single off of Tool’s album Lateralus.
- Give It Away – Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Feel Good – Gorillaz.
- Money – Pink Floyd.
- Longview – Green Day.
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen.
- YYZ – Rush.
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson.
How do you make your own bass line?
Beginner’s Guide to Writing Better Bass Lines
- The Root Note. First of all you need to understand some of the basics about your song before you can write a good bass line.
- Use Other Notes from within the Chord.
- Add Embellishments.
- Have Fun with the Bass!
How do you write an electric bass song?
Keep your bass parts monophonic (one note at a time). Do not write chords for the bass guitar, even if it’s just octaves or fifths. The reason why you don’t want to write polyphonic chords for your bass player is that the bass plays in a very low range.